Apex 2012 Bathurst ‘Retro’ Cars
Back in April, I blogged about Classic Carlectables’ 2012 Bathurst cars, including the two ‘retro’ racers from FPR and 888 (click HERE to view).
Well, the two Apex FG Falcons arrived a while back, so a direct comparison can now be made.
Put simply, the Apex version is clearly the winner… and it would want to be at about 30% more expensive; RRP is a hefty $70(!).
Production figures for these ‘one off’ resin race versions are:
- Moffat/Davison ‘Tru-Blu – 840 pieces
- Reynolds/Canto ‘Bottle-O’ – 720 pieces
wixy500 rating (out of 5):
- Collectability – 4.3 (unique one-off Bathurst cars with lowish production numbers – but neither won, and they weren’t driven by a ‘legend’)
- Finish – 4.5 (paint is excellent)
- Accuracy – 4.5
- Value – 3.0 (great models, but steep at $70 each)
- Overall – 4.1
Johnson Mustang The Highlight of Classics’ Latest Newsletter
Dicks Johnson’s famous Greens Tuff Mustang is the pick of the bunch in the latest Classic Carlectables newsletter, issue #69 (Jul-Sep 2017).
New Items From Trax – Latest Newsletter
There are some nice new items coming from Trax (Top Gear) over the next few months… if you can afford them.