Apex 2012 Bathurst ‘Retro’ Cars
Back in April, I blogged about Classic Carlectables’ 2012 Bathurst cars, including the two ‘retro’ racers from FPR and 888 (click HERE to view).
Well, the two Apex FG Falcons arrived a while back, so a direct comparison can now be made.
Put simply, the Apex version is clearly the winner… and it would want to be at about 30% more expensive; RRP is a hefty $70(!).
Production figures for these ‘one off’ resin race versions are:
- Moffat/Davison ‘Tru-Blu – 840 pieces
- Reynolds/Canto ‘Bottle-O’ – 720 pieces
wixy500 rating (out of 5):
- Collectability – 4.3 (unique one-off Bathurst cars with lowish production numbers – but neither won, and they weren’t driven by a ‘legend’)
- Finish – 4.5 (paint is excellent)
- Accuracy – 4.5
- Value – 3.0 (great models, but steep at $70 each)
- Overall – 4.1
Two Great Race Winners Coming From Apex
Apex Replicas has announced the pending production of two famous Bathurst 1000 winners in 1/43 scale – Peter Brock’s Torana GTR XU-1 from 1972, plus the Dick Johnson/John Bowe Ford Sierra from 1989.
New Releases Coming From Classic Carlectables
Classic Carlectables will produce the Retro Round Commodores the Tripe Eight team ran at the 2017 event at Sandown. Information on these (and much more, like the Torana A9X prototype) can be found in the latest newsletter…