Apex 2012 Bathurst ‘Retro’ Cars
Back in April, I blogged about Classic Carlectables’ 2012 Bathurst cars, including the two ‘retro’ racers from FPR and 888 (click HERE to view).
Well, the two Apex FG Falcons arrived a while back, so a direct comparison can now be made.
Put simply, the Apex version is clearly the winner… and it would want to be at about 30% more expensive; RRP is a hefty $70(!).
Production figures for these ‘one off’ resin race versions are:
- Moffat/Davison ‘Tru-Blu – 840 pieces
- Reynolds/Canto ‘Bottle-O’ – 720 pieces
wixy500 rating (out of 5):
- Collectability – 4.3 (unique one-off Bathurst cars with lowish production numbers – but neither won, and they weren’t driven by a ‘legend’)
- Finish – 4.5 (paint is excellent)
- Accuracy – 4.5
- Value – 3.0 (great models, but steep at $70 each)
- Overall – 4.1
Spark Announce Formula E Releases
The popularity of the Formula E series for electric open-wheel race cars continues to increase, so much so that Spark has announced a range of models from the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
Two Great Race Winners Coming From Apex
Apex Replicas has announced the pending production of two famous Bathurst 1000 winners in 1/43 scale – Peter Brock’s Torana GTR XU-1 from 1972, plus the Dick Johnson/John Bowe Ford Sierra from 1989.