Review: Panini F1 Model Car Collection & Issue 1
The Panini F1 model car collection is now available in Australia, issue 1 hitting the newsagents recently with the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 of Ayrton Senna attached.
What’s the model like? From a distance, it looks okay. But in reality, these are basic entry-level models at an attractive price. If you wanted a collection of iconic F1 cars, but didn’t want to pay Minichamps/Spark prices, this could certainly do the job.
Check out the review video and pics below!
Above: The UK television advert, which is actually quite misleading – that looks like a high-end 1:18 scale Mercedes in the opening seconds!
List of Cars in the Series
Update: Seems the order of release can be different from one country to the next, so use this as a guide only.
- Issue 1: McLaren MP 4/4 Ayrton Senna (1988)
- Issue 2: Ferrari 312 T2 Niki Lauda (1977)
- Issue 3: Mercedes F1 W05 Lewis Hamilton (2014)
- Issue 4: Williams FW 14B Nigel Mansell (1992)
- Issue 5: Lotus 72 D Emerson Fittipaldi (1972)
- Issue 6: Ferrari F2002 Michael Schumacher (2002)
- Issue 7: Brawn GP 01 Jenson Button (2009)
- Issue 8: Toleman TG 184 Ayrton Senna (1984)
- Issue 9: Renault R25 Fernando Alonso (2005)
- Issue 10: Red Bull RB9 Sebastian Vettel (2013)
- Issue 11: Tyrrell 006 Jackie Stewart (1973)
- Issue 12: McLaren MP4/23 Lewis Hamilton (2008)
- Issue 13: Jordan 191 Michael Schumacher (1991)
- Issue 14: Brabham BT49 Nelson Piquet (1981)
- Issue 15: Lotus 25 Jim Clark (1963)
- Issue 16: March 751 Vittorio Brambilla (1975)
- Issue 17: Ferrari F2007 Kimi Raikkonen (2007)
- Issue 18: McLaren M23 James Hunt (1976)
- Issue 19: Williams FW15C Alain Prost (1993)
- Issue 20: Brabham BT44B Carlos Pace (1975)
- Issue 21: Mercedes W196S Juan Manuel Fangio (1955)
- Issue 22: Benetton B194 Michael Schumacher (1994)
- Issue 23: BRM P153 Pedro Rodriguez (1970)
- Issue 24: McLaren MP4/8 Ayrton Senna (1993)
- Issue 25: Ferrari 312B3 Clay Regazzoni (1975)
- ‘Gift’: Brabham BT46 Niki Lauda (1978) Fan Car
- ‘Gift’: Ferrari F2001 Michael Schumacher (Italian GP)
- ‘Gift’: Tyrrell P34 Jody Scheckter (1976)
- Issue 26 onwards: TBA…
- Others spotted in Europe – Toro Roso STR3, Williams FW19, Sauber C23, Renault RS10, McLaren MP4/14, Lotus 79, Ferrari F399, Ferrari 375 Indy, Brabham BT52, Alfa Romeo 179, Lotus 97T, Ligier JS11, Ferrari SF15-T, Hesketh 308B.
Official website for the collection: f1carcollection.com
Spark Announce Formula E Releases
The popularity of the Formula E series for electric open-wheel race cars continues to increase, so much so that Spark has announced a range of models from the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
Two Great Race Winners Coming From Apex
Apex Replicas has announced the pending production of two famous Bathurst 1000 winners in 1/43 scale – Peter Brock’s Torana GTR XU-1 from 1972, plus the Dick Johnson/John Bowe Ford Sierra from 1989.