Review: Panini F1 Model Car Collection & Issue 1
The Panini F1 model car collection is now available in Australia, issue 1 hitting the newsagents recently with the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 of Ayrton Senna attached.
What’s the model like? From a distance, it looks okay. But in reality, these are basic entry-level models at an attractive price. If you wanted a collection of iconic F1 cars, but didn’t want to pay Minichamps/Spark prices, this could certainly do the job.
Check out the review video and pics below!
Above: The UK television advert, which is actually quite misleading – that looks like a high-end 1:18 scale Mercedes in the opening seconds!
List of Cars in the Series
Update: Seems the order of release can be different from one country to the next, so use this as a guide only.
- Issue 1: McLaren MP 4/4 Ayrton Senna (1988)
- Issue 2: Ferrari 312 T2 Niki Lauda (1977)
- Issue 3: Mercedes F1 W05 Lewis Hamilton (2014)
- Issue 4: Williams FW 14B Nigel Mansell (1992)
- Issue 5: Lotus 72 D Emerson Fittipaldi (1972)
- Issue 6: Ferrari F2002 Michael Schumacher (2002)
- Issue 7: Brawn GP 01 Jenson Button (2009)
- Issue 8: Toleman TG 184 Ayrton Senna (1984)
- Issue 9: Renault R25 Fernando Alonso (2005)
- Issue 10: Red Bull RB9 Sebastian Vettel (2013)
- Issue 11: Tyrrell 006 Jackie Stewart (1973)
- Issue 12: McLaren MP4/23 Lewis Hamilton (2008)
- Issue 13: Jordan 191 Michael Schumacher (1991)
- Issue 14: Brabham BT49 Nelson Piquet (1981)
- Issue 15: Lotus 25 Jim Clark (1963)
- Issue 16: March 751 Vittorio Brambilla (1975)
- Issue 17: Ferrari F2007 Kimi Raikkonen (2007)
- Issue 18: McLaren M23 James Hunt (1976)
- Issue 19: Williams FW15C Alain Prost (1993)
- Issue 20: Brabham BT44B Carlos Pace (1975)
- Issue 21: Mercedes W196S Juan Manuel Fangio (1955)
- Issue 22: Benetton B194 Michael Schumacher (1994)
- Issue 23: BRM P153 Pedro Rodriguez (1970)
- Issue 24: McLaren MP4/8 Ayrton Senna (1993)
- Issue 25: Ferrari 312B3 Clay Regazzoni (1975)
- ‘Gift’: Brabham BT46 Niki Lauda (1978) Fan Car
- ‘Gift’: Ferrari F2001 Michael Schumacher (Italian GP)
- ‘Gift’: Tyrrell P34 Jody Scheckter (1976)
- Issue 26 onwards: TBA…
- Others spotted in Europe – Toro Roso STR3, Williams FW19, Sauber C23, Renault RS10, McLaren MP4/14, Lotus 79, Ferrari F399, Ferrari 375 Indy, Brabham BT52, Alfa Romeo 179, Lotus 97T, Ligier JS11, Ferrari SF15-T, Hesketh 308B.
Official website for the collection: f1carcollection.com
Chrysler, Ford & Chev Coming From Trax
Top Gear (Trax) has released a couple of new offerings in the latest newsletter – Chrysler Royal Plainsman Station Wagon, KE Ford Laser TX3 and ’55 Chev.
Classic Carlectable News
Here’s the latest updates and information from Classic Carlectables in the form of Newsletter number 72 – Johnson’s Mustang, Lowndes reverse livery, custom ute, Ford & Holden road cars plus Tripe Eight’s current season Supercars.